Web Development with PHP/MySQL Training Course
Web Development with PHP/MySQL is designed to provide essential skills and hands-on experience in developing dynamic web applications using PHP and MySQL. The course will introduce students to PHP programming language and MySQL database administration, SQL database language and web development principles. Upon completion of the course we expect students to be able to create powerful and dynamic web applications using PHP and MySQL.
By the completion of the Web Development with PHP/MySQL course you should be able to:
- Understand the usage of PHP and MySQL in dynamic web development.
- Understand PHP language data types, logic controls, built-in and user-defined functions.
- Be able to setup and configure MySQL, PHP, Apache web server development environment.
- Select, insert, update and delete data using SQL language.
- Understand Object oriented programming paradigm in PHP.
- Build a simple, yet functional web application using PHP/MySQL.
This course is geared toward the “newbie” in PHP and MySQL, bringing many of the concepts and code snippets to the most basic level. Students might have some experience with Web site development concepts and a basic working knowledge of HTML. Knowledge of other programming languages besides PHP is not a prerequisite for this course, but certainly any programming experience you have will help you understand and apply the concepts.
Introduction to Building Dynamic Websites
- The Big Pictures
- How PHP and MySQL Work Together
- Lab: Setup Development Environment
Introduction to PHP
- Variables, Built-in Data Types and Operators
- Control Flow
- Error Control
- Lab: Define Data Types, Apply Flow Control
- Built-in and User-defined Functions
- Function Definition and Scope
- Arguments and Return Value
- Lab: Use Built-in Functions, Build a New User-defined function
- What Arrays Are
- Array indexing by Number and Key Value Pair
- Lab: Passing and Returning Data Using Defined and Global Arrays
Introduction to MySQL
- Database Design with MySQL
- Creating Databases
- Connecting to Database Server
- Databases, Tables, Columns, MySQL Data Type
- SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE Statements
PHP and MySQL
- Connecting from PHP to MySQL Database
- Executing SQL Queries from PHP
- Processing Query Results
PHP and Object Oriented Programming
- Benefits of OOP
- Class Definition, Access Modifier
- Class and Interface
Using Regular Expressions
- Introduction to Regular Expresions
- Using Regular Expressions for URL Rewriting
Project: Creating Web BLog
- Create Web Blog Application That Allows Users to Insert, Update and Delete Blog